• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tremors while weight lifting

Inoxia

Bluelighter
Admittedly, I am of a rather shaky disposition (many drugs, even cannabis give me tremors), but often about half way through a set I start to get very severe leg tremors.
I can't really understand why this happens when I'm working only on my arms/chest. It happens with dumbbells when the weight or number of reps is really no problem for me, but makes it very difficult to stay steady.
Is this normal?

its your CNS adapting. It will go away as long as you are properly feeding and resting your body.

That's the thing; I am eating and resting properly, and my routine hasn't changed recently so my body should be used to it by now.

You will always shake at the end of a "hard" set.

Flex your arm real hard...after a good 10 seconds or so you should have a definite tremor. Such is life, amigo.

You may even notice, after a particularly taxing workout, your fork may be shaking at breakfast the next morning.

My legs shake and cramp up sometimes during flat presses. I think it may be a case of weak hip flexors, not 100% sure.

if u arent already, i would suggest u spend time doing leg exercises on the days u arent doing ur upper body... this could help strenghen them.

That's the thing; I am eating and resting properly, and my routine hasn't changed recently so my body should be used to it by now.

this is not good. do you mean you havent progressed in heavier weights or added reps? Why the heck are you working out then? You'll see gains if you...make gains on the bar.

I used to shake alot when I started lifting, now I do it rarely, but I also lift much differently than before. try flexing your whole body instead of focusing where the isolation is. say if your curling heavy dont just think of your arms, get aware of the whole body system. breathe deep and however you feel natural and what is needed none of this "exhale now inhale then" BS